Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation
Administered by fi360, the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation is the industry's first and only designation that demonstrates knowledge and competency in the area of fiduciary responsibility and communicates a commitment to standards of investment fiduciary excellence. Holders of the AIF® mark have successfully completed a specialized program on investment fiduciary standards and subsequently passed a comprehensive examination.
AIF designees have a reputation in the industry as being the best positioned to implement a prudent process into their own investment practices, as well as being able to assist others in implementing proper policies and procedures.
To become an AIF® , you are required to meet the following initial certification requirements:
- Successfully complete a specialized program on investment fiduciary standards of care
- Pass a comprehensive exam on best practices of investment fiduciaries
Once you earn the AIF® marks (by meeting the criteria listed above), you must then meet the annual standards to continue using them. The AIF ® certification must be renewed every year and you are required to:
- Accrue six hours of continuing professional education with at least four coming from fi360 produced sources (outlined in the section below)
- Attest to a code of ethics
- Maintain current contact information in fi360's designee database
- Remit $325 in annual dues
For additional information, please visit: http://www.fi360.com/main/designations_aif.jsp