Ricky Grunden, Sr.
Ricky Grunden, Sr., the founder of Grunden Financial Advisory, has been serving clients in the financial services arena for more than four decades. His greatest accomplishment by far is marrying his wife Marsha over 40 years ago back in 1976 and together having, and raising their eight children. Ricky & Marsha began homeschooling in 1982 graduating two from homeschool, two from Coram Deo Academy and four from Denton Calvary Academy. Ricky & Marsha have lived in the Denton area since 1973.
Ricky began his career in the financial industry as an insurance agent in 1974. After earning his Certified Financial Planner credentials, he joined a top-producing branch of a Houston broker-dealer, which subsequently became a well-respected Dallas money-management firm.
Because he values the wealth management process, Ricky chose to include wealth management, financial planning, and investment management in his solutions to his clients' most challenging financial issues. In January 2001 Ricky returned to his roots by founding Ricky Grunden Investment Advisors, which soon became Grunden Financial Advisory, Inc.
Ricky’s Notable Recognitions and Accomplishments:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Named one of Texas' FIVE STAR Wealth Managers in Texas Monthly magazine (2009-2018)
- Named a “Top Financial Planner” by D Magazine (2002, 2006-2016)
- Named a "Top Wealth Manager" by D Magazine (2017-2018)
- Board of Directors, Texas Association of Business (2007–2009; 2011–2013)
- Board of Directors for DATCU (2008-2014)
- School Board President, Denton Calvary Academy (2011-Present)